Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Life Just Changed For My Family

I am clearly about to burst. I have screamed. I have thanked God. I have cried. And so has he.



"He" is my son, the actor. He has been fighting for six weeks for a role in a major motion picture about the Oakland As. His uncanny resemblance to former Atlanta Braves star David Justice has always been a topic of discussion. When he played in the Braves' Single and Double A minors, the other players called him Baby Dave. David Justice and Baby Dave sat at my kitchen table on more than one occasion while I piled their plates high with comfort food.

Today, he had the final audition with the director of the movie. After two call-backs following the initial audtion; after an entire day hitting both right and left-handed at the ball park for the movie's baseball coordinator; after a scheduled table read that was suddenly unscheduled because Mr. Pitt or Mr. Seymour Hoffman couldn't coordinate their calendars,and after the 4:30 p.m. (PDT) audition with the director, They Offered Him the Part!

My son, the actor, will play David Justice in a film. I don't know the name of it. I don't know when it will be released. I don't know how much my son will be paid. I just know that another one of his dreams came true not 20 minutes ago. I love that kid/man. He is the most determined, focused, tenacious and resilient child I have. Okay. He's the only child I have, so sue me.

2 comments:

  1. Good for him. An "overnight success", finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he is truly gorgeous! Wow...what a handsome young man. Congratulations to you both. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.