Saturday, February 11, 2012

Frozen in Time





My date of birth says one thing,

My spirit, something else.


The mirror shows the trophies of a life well lived, but lived.

The outside world barely sees my countenance.

Fear has replaced a heightened sense of adventure.

Fear prevents my heart from taking risks.

Love has always been mine for the taking, more or less.

Love is what I crave but cannot take the steps to seek.

Life has been a stretch of good fortune, dotted by heartbreak, several years apart.

Life is now an endless stretch of aloneness, self-imposed and fueled by

Fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.