Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Where is the Mad Woman?

A friend sent me a text today that said something like "What? No more rants from a mad woman?" I laughed out loud. It then dawned on me that I haven't posted anything here for a week, which is highly unusual and not according to my plan.

It has been a strangely quiet time this past week. Nothing much has torqued me off. No strong opinions about anything ( No, I am not sick-- just tired, maybe.) The Super Bowl was one of the best games ever, and I loved a couple of the commercials, especially the little boy who slapped his mother's suitor in the Doritos ad. The E-trade babies are guaranteed to evoke an out-loud laugh from me every single time I see them.

Those of us who were raised in the northern U.S. remember the exquisite silence and calm one experiences when walking in a brand new, heavy snowfall. While, thankfully, the recent wallops have been confined to areas north of Georgia, the effect must have drifted down to me, because my mind, body and soul are strangely silent and calm.

So, my dear readers, enjoy the reprieve. I'm sure my trusty mortgage company will find a way to interrupt my tranquility any minute now!

1 comment:

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.