Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Republican Hi-Jinks

For the past month or so I have been getting extremely frequent phone calls from someone with the following caller ID information: Unknown Name, Unknown Number. I don't even answer some calls that identify the caller, so there was no way I was going to answer these. Except they started coming in morning, noon and night and then every 30 minutes or so.

This morning I answered. "Is this {My Name}?" To which I replied in my most menacing tone of voice "Who's calling!?" "This is the Republican..." CLICK! I hung up.

Before these totally anonymous calls began, I was receiving the same volume of calls from NRSC with a Washington, DC area code. Googling NRSC, I discovered that these calls were from the National Republican Senatorial Committee. This was a first! Never, ever, has anyone from the Republican Party approached me about anything. Did they really think that their relentless efforts to get me on the phone would increase their chances of getting a donation out of me? Resorting to telephone trickery, while typical of the tactics of the GOP, is a new low, even for them!

It is bad enough that the one exception to telemarketing to people on the Do Not Call list is political campaigns. The Democrats have also done their share of harassing me. But at least they never tried to hide their identity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.