Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Social Networking Perks Me Up

Yesterday's melancholy post elicited concern from loved ones, so today is about fun.

Many seniors have the idea that Facebook, MySpace and Twitter are strictly the domains of young people. That's not true. Facebook has provided me with daily injections of happiness as I reconnect with people from as far back as high school, and stay in touch with people all over the globe. One of my fellow high school drum majorettes shared one day that her husband was buying her a puppy for her birthday. The next day, her birthday, we were formally introduced to said puppy via a photograph.

Another friend had been uncharcteristically quiet for some time and I was starting to worry that he might be ill. Then one day on Facebook I discovered a new picture album from him entitled "Special Lady." Aha, so that explained it!

Give it a try. There is no reason to feel lonely and isolated when there are all these tools for staying connected.

1 comment:

  1. Jobs created and saved data due out at 12:00 your time today. Maybe data for a blog entry today?

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.