Friday, February 8, 2013

Have You Ever Heard Sixto Rodriguez?

 

It’s not that often that I stumble across something that excites me to the point of spending ten bucks to download a music album.  Why pay when one can find the same music on Spotify?

Yesterday I was jumping around on the web and came across a complete list of the 2013 Oscar nominations.  It’s no secret, since I wrote a blog about it, (grin) that I have seen all the movies nominated this year for the Oscar for Best Picture.  What I hadn’t seen was the nominee for Best Documentary.  It is Searching for Sugar Man.

I don’t want to spoil the magic of this movie for you, and I do hope you will find a way to see it someday.  Suffice it to say that it has led me to the discovery of a talent so huge, it is often compared to Bob Dylan’s. And I have never, ever heard of this man: Sixto Rodriguez.

Have you?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.