Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR -- Again



It's 7 p.m. on December 31st.
The weatherman's warning that things will get worse.
I'm in for the night; not up for going out.
I've never quite learned what the fuss is about.

2009 sucked, we all can agree.
It sucked all the energy right out of me!
I'll be glad when it's gone; good riddance I say,
"So Long!" to this three hundred sixty fifth day!

But what will we all get from two thousand ten?
Do we really think starting all over again
Will make things all better, will move us ahead?
Make us wake up and just jump out of bed?

Well, we'd better start thinking with hope in our hearts,
Because pouting and brooding while playing our parts,
Will only bring more strife, more sorrow, more doubt.
And cause us to miss things that could bail us out.

So here's to the New Year and to a new start.
Here's to the prayers that we say in our hearts
That this time next year, when another year ends
We each will still have every one of our friends.

1 comment:

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.