Sunday, July 11, 2010

Despair is Running Rampant on Open Salon

Open Salon is a web site for writers where I have been active since February 2010.  The names mentioned are pen names of two fellow bloggers who have today threatened suicide.  There are many more that I know of who are contemplating it. 


The edge of despair is a siren song
The lilting sounds of relief fill the air
And pull its guest ever closer
To the end of the pain.


The edge of despair is the darkest of places
Where friends and family get lost in the gloom
Disabling one’s vision of any chance of
Seeing any light, any end, any tunnel.


I’ve been to the edge of despair
I stood there in pain and in fear
Of staying and keeping the pain
Of going and failing my child.


That fear finally trumped all my pain
That, and the certainty of Hell
But always the darkness prevailed
My Hell was already here.


Thank God I’m still here to hear the alarm
Self-destruction turned to thoughts of others
And found in that choice a way to silence
The voice of the siren.

Today the siren is calling to Scylla
Today the siren is calling to Robin
And probably others who have not cried out
Be aware, be available and be brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.