Sunday, July 25, 2010

Throw the Bozos Out!

NOTE: This post was written on the eve of Congress's decision to extend the Unemployment Benefits.  I was worried.


Change we can believe in
Pure audacious hope
WE all came with huzzahs
THEY come now with rope.

 
Nothing's changed but us
We are poor and fractured
Our sons still fight for who knows what
No jobs are manufactured.


The homeless now have houseguests
The jobless numbers soar
While Congress plays its reindeer games
Our hopes are shown the door.


Enough of all this nonsense
We the people need
To handle things ourselves
While you kow-tow to greed.


Go back to where you came from
Buffoons and plutocrats
I've seen enough Republicans
I'm sick of Democrats


If you can't lead us out of this
Get out the freakin' way
Go home and take an upclose look
At how you've 'saved the day.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.