Sunday, August 14, 2011

These Things I Know for Sure

I’ve learned…
  • No matter how certain I am that my opinion is the right opinion, there is someone I respect who believes the diametrical opposite with the same certainty.
  • When it seems things cannot get any worse, they do.
  • When it seems things are hopeless, they aren’t.
  • There is always going to be someone who is smarter, dumber, richer, poorer, uglier, prettier, fatter, thinner, m ore loved and more hated than I am.
  • Being in a hurry never makes anything move any faster, especially computers and the person in line in front of me at the supermarket.
  • Within 30 minutes of leaving the house, I will need to find a rest room.
  • Very few cat people also love dogs.
  • Most of the people who think they can sing can’t.
  • As long as I am alive, my son will always call me when he is feeling broken... or he’s just broke.
  • Coqui the dog will ALWAYS stop to scratch an itch in the middle of an intersection.
  • I have no idea what love really is, but I know how it feels.
  • Telling the truth, paying bills on time, working hard and doing unto others as I would have them do unto me are all guaranteed to get me NOWHERE.
  • When someone asks me “what did you do to your hair?” … they hate it.
  • If men and women aren’t from different planets, they are definitely on different wave lengths.
  • Dry morning air during the dog days of August is a treat rivaling a hot fudge sundae.
  • Despite my fervent wishes and prayers, race will be an issue in the United States of America until the end of time.
  • When people tell me who they are, believe them and wait for the rest of the story to unfold.  There is always a “rest of the story.”
  • Greed is the root of all evil.  Empathy is a double-edged sword.
  • Humans cannot out-learn, out-earn or outsmart their inherent frailties.
  • Standing beside the ocean puts everything in its proper perspective.  In the scheme of things, I am miniscule.
  • Heaven and Hell are in the now, not in the future.
  • My mother did the best she could with what she had.
  • “They lived happily ever after…” is the biggest lie ever told.
  • Happiness cannot be touched with one’s fingers.

What are some of the things you have learned?

1 comment:

  1. Good day!
    I'm looking for any contact details (email, phone number or mail address)of the website owner or marketing person that I can communicate with for possible business venture on website income opportunities. We are very much interested to do business with you. Please send me an email together with your website name and I'll be glad to call you to discuss this matter.
    Thank you

    arazeilia@yourmediaguru.com

    ReplyDelete

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.