Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Has Bush Sent a Doppelganger to Today?

I am propped up in bed watching Matt Lauer do a live interview with George W. Bush.  I must be dreaming.  If  I'm honest, which I always try to be, "W" is getting my attention.

Far from the bumbling, stammering dolt I always thought him to be as a public performer,  this guy is on it, doggone it!  He is making coherent responses, without hesitation.  He is funny.   And he is sharper than a tack. 

During this week of Bush's ubiquitous book tour appearances to promote his just-released memoir, Decision Points, President Bush has exhibited a side of his persona that I failed to see the entire time he was playing in the political sandbox.  God bless him, he is even taking responsibility for some of his mistakes!

Following on the heels of a sizzling exchange between CNN's Eliot Spitzer and Senator-elect Rand Paul that I watched at 4 a.m. because I was sleepless in Atlanta -- a veritable training video on no-holds-barred interviewing on Spitzer's part, and flawless filibustering on Paul's part-- watching a relaxed and utterly candid Forty-Three spar effectively with Lauer and dodge his every cagey attempt to "rope me into saying what I'm not going to say" has been absolutely refreshing.

Please don't make me turn in my Open Salon membership!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you choose to comment as Anonymous but you want me to know who you are, just sign your comment in a way I will recognize. Thanks!

WARNING: This site cannot receive comments from iPads, unfortunately. I am trying to find a solution.